Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cheerio Treats with Peanut Butter

Today I made Cheerio treats with Peanut Butter. They were great! As you can tell from the picture, I used a generic brand that I had at home already and they tasted just as good. I got this recipe from Kathie Cooks. You will need the following items:
• 1 c. sugar
• 1 c. corn syrup
• 1 c. creamy peanut butter
• 1 t. vanilla
• 5 c. Cheerios
First you cook the sugar and corn syrup together in a large pan. When it comes to a boil, you let it cook 1 more minute. I kept stirring it most of the time.

When it is done, take it off the burner and add in the vanilla and peanut butter. Stir it well. The recipe calls for 5 cups of cheerios, but I just poured them in and stirred until well coated adding more as needed.
These turned out great! They are really sticky but they taste great. You could also make them in a pan and cut out squares. Another idea is to try different kinds of cereal instead of the Cheerios. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Several years ago, someone gave us a bunch of generic Cheerios and peanut butter. We used alot of it to make these things. They are so good and make great treats for parties, etc. Right now I have one little boy who can't eat peanut butter so I can't make them anymore. Which is just as well, since I can't resist them. LOL

    ReplyDelete